Hi there! Nice to meet you, we’re your new shoes for healthy walking. Here’s everything you need to know about us to make sure we last as long as possible.
- Never wash us in your washing machine and don’t dry us directly on or near your heating.
- Temperatures above 50˚C aren’t good for us.
- Wear us with socks, preferably ones that don’t restrict your feet.
- If you sweat in us, make sure to dry us out.
Wear us with joy and clean us with love.
Clean Ahinsa shoes according to the type of material:
- CF+ (smooth microfiber, looks like leather) 🡪 Clean with a damp cloth.
- CF+ suede and nubuck (textured microfiber) 🡪 Waterproof and clean with a damp cloth.
- Synthetic fabric 🡪 Clean with a damp cloth and our eco-friendly shoe cleaner.
- Denim and recycled textile 🡪 Clean with a damp cloth and our eco-friendly shoe cleaner.
- Natural fabric (linen or hemp) 🡪 Clean very gently.
- AirNet (sports mesh) 🡪 Clean with a damp cloth.
- Malai (coconut material) 🡪 Treat with coconut oil or natural wax. Clean gently with a damp cloth.
Waterproofing tip: This waterproofing spray has worked well for us. We can’t guarantee that other brands will be suitable for our shoes. Shoes made from CF+ (a soft microfiber that looks like leather) don’t need waterproofing.
Practical cleaning tips:
Stepped in mud? Just wipe it off. Ahinsa shoes are durable and easy to maintain. You can usually get by with wiping them down with a damp cloth.
Tougher stains? A textile cleaner can help. For shoes made of vegan leather, you can simply wipe off dirt and other stains with a cloth. For other materials, use a mild textile cleaner or our eco-friendly shoe cleaning kit.
Smelly shoes? Air them out and give them a refresh. If your feet sweat in your shoes, leave them to air out, dry them, and then spray them with a shoe deodorizer to eliminate unpleasant odors.
Treat suede with care. Suede is a very sensitive fabric. Make sure to clean it gently and wear it with love. Try to avoid scuff marks.
Clean fur with soap and water. Use a cloth with soap or a natural cleaning agent to clean the vegan fur inside of our winter boots.
Insoles getting grimy? Throw them in the washing machine. Dirty insoles (inserts) can be removed from your shoes for cleaning. If you can’t clean them by hand, throw them in the washing machine with a mild washing powder. You can also replace insoles any time, we carry replacements in our e-shop.
Pay special attention to Malai shoes made of coconut
We created the Ahinsa Malai line from recycled coconut waste. The shoes will last you for 4 to 8 years but they need a bit of special care and love. We recommend treating the material with natural oil or wax.
What works for us:
- Coconut oil. You can find it in every convenience store, it’s cheap and you’ll surely find other uses for it in your household.
- Special carnabua or soy wax-based shoe care products
Use the oil/wax before wearing for the first time and also after every cleaning.
Clean gently with a damp cloth.
We hope healthy walking makes you happy!
If you have questions or need any advice, feel free to contact our founder Lukáš at email@example.com